08 May

Eco-friendly laundry - recipe for washing powder, fabric softener, washing crystals | Zero waste

Eco clothing washing - recipe for washing powder, fabric softener, washing crystals | Zero waste

 In today's post, I will show you some recipes for eco washing powder, fabric softener, washing crystals and stain remover. I have used all of these products for several months and have replaced washing liquids for good. For their preparation I use easily accessible ingredients that are safer for our skin and the environment. I invite you to the rest of the post! 😉 
Washing powder recipe Zero Waste

Washing powder for white clothes: 


Ingredients: 
Borax - ½ cup 
Soda ash - ½ cup 
Sodium percarbonate - ½ cup 
Soap flakes - 1-2 tablespoons 
(you can replace them with gritty gray soap) 

Preparation: 
In gloves, I mix all the ingredients and pour them into the jar. 

Usage: 
On the bottom of the washing machine drum I pour 2 spoons of powder. 

Washing powder for colorful clothes: 


Ingredients: 
Borax - ½ cup 
Soda ash - ½ cup 
Soap flakes - 1-2 tablespoons 
(you can replace them with gritty gray soap) 

Preparation: 
In gloves, I mix all the ingredients and pour them into the jar. 

Usage: 
On the bottom of the washing machine drum I pour 2 spoons of powder. 
Fabric Softener Recipe Zero Waste

Fabric softener: (first recipe) 


Ingredients: 
Warm water - 200 ml 
Vinegar - 800 ml 
Essential oil - 20 drops 

Preparation: 
I pour warm water into a glass bottle, add vinegar and essential oil. I mix the ingredients. 
What I like the most is the essential oil of lavender or mint. Washing then smells fresh and clean. 

Usage: 
I pour 4 tablespoons of liquid into the compartment for the rinsing liquid. 

Fabric softener: (second recipe) 


Ingredients: 
Warm water - 70% 
Citric acid - 30% 
Essential oil - 20 drops 

Preparation: 
I put Citric acid in a glass bottle and pour it in warm water (I don’t use hot water to keep the bottle from breaking). I add the essential oil and shake the bottle to dissolve the acid. 

Usage: 
I pour 3 tablespoons of liquid into the compartment for the rinsing liquid. 

Crystals for washing: 


Ingredients: 
Sea salt or epsom - 1 ½ cup 
Baking soda - ½ cup 
Essential oil - 20-30 drops 

Preparation: 
I mix all the ingredients and put them in a jar. 

Usage: 
At the bottom of the washing machine drum pour 2-3 tablespoons of crystals. 
Attention! Salt and soda can have color-rinsing properties, so it's better to use crystals for bright colors of clothes. 

Stain remover:


Sodium percarbonate has whitening properties. 
For hand washing, add 2 spoons of percarbonate to 3 liters of water. Dip clothes with stains in solution and wash after 2 hours. 

For washing in the washing machine add 2 tablespoons powder and set the washing at 40 degrees. 
Eco clothing washing - recipe for washing powder, fabric softener, washing crystals | Zero waste

Several tricks for eco-friendly laundry: 


• You can reuse jars for making washing powder or softener, for example: a larger jar after cucumbers or  bottles after juice 
• If you are looking for a good stain remover without plastic, you will find stain removers in bar in the drugstores. They are very efficient and wash the stains well 
• If you watn to buy cloth clips, the bamboo clips are more ecological than plastic ones 
• When the weather is nice, use it and hang laundry outside 
• If you take home your cloth clips after removing the laundry, they will serve you longer 

What are your eco washing tricks? 

xoxo, 
Dorota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Vege Time , Blogger